Although you may have paid a high price for your iPhone/Android, there are still great value in your phone by downloading money-managing apps. YMM shows you how.
So for those who haven’t converted to a smartphone, an app is a software application you can download and use on your smartphone. It’s designed to perform something brilliant in a short time, such as convert currency or bring you breaking news. There are apps available for Android, Blackberry, and Apple.
Apps come in a variety of prices, but you can still find many useful apps for free, such as these:
• Expenses Light:Smartphones are no excuse not to stick to your budget. ExpensesLite allows you to track your monthly expenses by recording your spending each day.
• Currency+:This app converts currency real-time. In 150 currencies, it gives you a realistic picture of how much you’re really paying for that souvenir by accounting for taxes and transaction fees.
• ASX: For those who love the stock market, an ASX App can help you keep track 20 listed stocks. This app includes delayed share prices, real time alerts, and company announcements.
• Apps for banks:Many banks offer their customers an app for free that allows them to check their account balances or make transactions. This is a great option that can be done at home, from their desk or in branch.
• Easy Loan calculator: This app will calculate the monthly payments based on your loan term, interest rates, and amount borrowed. It is a very useful app in an uncertain interest rate environment.
• CCH Income Tax Rates Calculator Light: this app estimates how much income tax you’re obliged to pay at the end of the financial year.
• Calculator for Stamp Duty and Conveyancing Fees I’ll admit, the name of this app doesn’t exactly blow your socks off, but this app would be valuable for house-hunters and property investors. All you need to do is enter the value of the property you’re considering and identify whether or not you’re a first home-owner, and you can find out how much stamp duty you’d be liable for. This app provides accurate figures regardless of which state you’re in.
Of course, there’ll be a time in your life where you will come across a fantastic-looking premium app. Truevoo allows you to test it for free. Sign up to download the app and leave a review. Truevoo will grant you the app if the review appears in iTunes.
Alternatively, it’s worth checking out the ‘Lite’ version of the premium app you want; ‘lite’ versions are free and allow you to play with some of the features of the premium app.